The precise root causes of anorexia nervosa are yet to be discovered. A lot of factors could be involved. Genes and hormones may play a significant part. Social attitudes that promote bone- thin body types could also be culprit.
- Irrationally worrying about weight and shape
- Suffering from an anxiety disorder as a child
- Always having a negative self-perception
- Eating problems even at infancy or early childhood
- Social or cultural ideas with regard to health and beauty
- Trying to strictly adhere to rules